- This event has passed.
Repair bikes for a good cause–Friday
Jun. 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on 08/08/2020 at 9:00 am
Freewheels Houston has resumed bike repair days on a limited basis in order to preserve social distancing and other steps encouraged by public health authorities.
We invite experienced volunteers to inspect and repair donated used bikes that will be distributed to people who need transportation–refugees, teenagers and recently homeless veterans.
For the time being, we will not offer instruction for volunteers who are beginners wanting to learn more about bikes. We hope to resume this aspect of Freewheels activities.
During this phase, several rules will be enforced:
- Only experienced volunteers who are able to repair bike systems on their own will be permitted to participate.
- All participants will be required to wear masks. No exceptions.
- Safe distancing will be required. Bike repair instruction will be suspended during this phase.
- Repair stands will be located outside. Only one volunteer will be allowed in the inside (air-conditioned) work areas at a time.
- Please bring your own hand tools. (We will provide specialty bike tools and other equipment as needed.)
- Please clean all surfaces and tools before and after each repair project.
Please RSVP. Attendance will be limited to four volunteers per shift.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.