Limited reopening: Repair bikes for a good cause
Jun. 6 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until 06/06/2020
Freewheels Houston is resuming bike repair days with several changes as the Houston community emerges from the stay-home directives aimed at slowing the spread of the novel corona virus.
Our goal is to invite a small group of experienced volunteers to inspect and repair donated used bikes that will be distributed to people who need transportation–refugees, teenagers and recently homeless veterans.
During this phase, several rules will be enforced:
- Only experienced volunteers who are able to repair bike systems on their own will be permitted to participate.
- All participants will be required to wear masks and gloves. No exceptions.
- Safe distancing will be required. Bike repair instruction will be suspended during this phase.
- Repair stands will be located outside. Only one volunteer will be allowed in the inside (air-conditioned) work areas at a time.
- Please bring your own hand tools. (We will provide specialty bike tools and other equipment as needed.)
- Please clean all surfaces and tools before and after each repair project.
Please RSVP (below). Attendance will be limited to four volunteers per shift.