Although our goal is to accept all bike donations, our rented storage space is near its capacity. This has reduced our ability to accept donated bikes.
We have established these priorities for accepting donated bikes:
- Our greatest need at this time is for adult mountain bikes and hybrids with 26-inch (or larger) and 700c wheels.
- Most of our adult recipients are of average height and weight, so XL bikes are not currently needed.
- Our refugee and veteran customers rarely ask for road bikes or beach cruisers.
- We accept youth bikes with 24-inch wheels.
- Children’s bikes with 20-inch wheels in very good condition will be accepted.
- Smaller bikes, scooters and tag-alongs are not accepted.
- We do not accept used bicycle helmets.
If a bike has been left outside for a long time or the handlebars, wheels, gears or derailleurs are damaged or have significant rust, we won’t be able to quickly repair it and prefer that it not be dropped off at our shop.
We receive donated bikes during our workdays every Friday and Saturday, from 9 a.m. to noon at our warehouse at 6020 Jessamine #103, Houston, TX 77081 in southwest Houston.
Thank you for your generosity!